Cost Of Ownership
Our adoption fees are:
- $400 for kittens
- $250 for a cat (older than 1 year).
* Please note that the adoption fee may be higher if the kitten/cat is pure breed or a breed mix.
Some potential adoptive families feel that these fees are quite high for a rescue cat. However, when you consider the routine veterinary fees you would end up paying for a free cat, our fees are actually quite a deal!
|Free Cat||Lucky Cat Haven Rescue Cat||Lucky Cat Haven Rescue Kitten|
|Neuter/Spay||$160 - $295||included||Included|
|1st Vaccinations||$35 - $85||included||Included|
|Rabies Vaccination||$35 - $85||included||Included|
|Deflea/Deworm||$55 - $70||included||Included|
|Total||$285 - $535||$250||$400|
Other factors that would potentially drive up the veterinary costs for a “free” cat:
- Differing prices of various veterinary clinics
- The cat’s general health at the time of adoption
- The cost of the vet’s time if the vaccinations are done during a separate visit from the spay/neuter
- Whether a female kitten is in heat or possibly pregnant – cats are notorious for babies having babies
- Any other medical conditions that require veterinary care.
Our adoption fees are NON-NEGOTIABLE. We believe strongly in a spaying and neutering and will not adopt out a cat or kitten that has not been fixed. We are in the business of getting cats off the street, not making more to be abandoned.